Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I enroll my student at Harbor High?

A: Contact the counseling secretary to get specific questions answered at 429-3810, extension 1048 or go to the Santa Cruz City Schools website regarding enrollment. 

Q:  How can I check on my student’s homework, progress, attendance and/or discipline records?

A:  Activate your Illuminate Parent account with our registrar.  Each parent has an identification code to gain access to your student’s electronic records that include grades, attendance, and discipline records.   Many teachers also post upcoming homework assignments and tests/quizzes.

Q:  How can I find out about upcoming events and student-related activities?

A:  Visit to see what’s happening, go to your Illuminate Parent Portal to read the daily bulletin, and “like” us on Facebook @ Harbor High School and the Harbor High Counseling Department pages.

Q: How can I donate to Harbor High School?

A: You can write a check or bring cash to our finance office in any amount you like! We welcome all donations and those have provided support for our music program and field trips, campus beautification, including signs, athletic uniforms and equipment, art supplies, school supplies for students, science equipment, and much much more! You can also participate in our Drive for Schools, Poker Night, Golf tournament, or donate directly to our HHS Booster Club.

Q:  How do I resolve a classroom-related problem?
A:  The best way to find resolution for students who are having classroom-related problems is to follow a four-step, progression. 
Q:  How can I contact my student's teacher(s)?

A:  You must know the names of your student's teachers.  The fastest way to contact teachers is through email.  If you would prefer to phone the teachers, they also have phone extensions where you may leave a message.

Q:  How do I request a transcript?

A:  Contact the registrar at extension 1063. Download the transcript request form here.

Q:  Who is my student's counselor?

A:  Counselors divide their caseload by students' last name.  Counselor contacts here.

Q:  How do I clear an absence for my student?

A:  Contact the attendance office at 429-3424 or 429-3810 ext 1064.  
  1. The first and most direct contact should be with the student's teacher.  You may contact teachers directly via phone or email through the school's webpage.  If your student has already spoken with his or her teacher, an early contact from the parent to the teacher generally resolves any issue.
  2. If the communication with the teacher does not resolve the problem, please contact your student's counselor.  Your student's counselor can assist in resolving the issue.
  3. The next person to contact if there has not been satisfactory resolution after the first two steps, is the counseling and guidance Assistant Principal.
  4. Finally, if the three steps have been completed and there is still no resolution, you may contact the school  principal.


Administrator contacts
Attendance Office
Counselor contacts
Teacher contacts
Transcript requests